So once upon a time, I got it in my head that I could make a podcast. And I did! Problem is: I really didn't have the time to edit, promote, and manage said podcast. Most of the people I roped into doing it with me weren't as into it as I was, so there was a little energy & motivation loss there. Don't get me wrong: everyone that participated in said project enjoyed doing it... but there's quite a bit of work that goes into editing, researching, and planning. While I took the project head-on as a labor-of-love, it was difficult to keep the enthusiasm while co-hosts lost interest.



The beginning attempt was with co-workers after we were done with work for the day. It was fun. We'd sit around and BS for a bit & I'd record it. Then we decided we should get an agenda and docket of topics to talk about. That worked for a bit, but it seemed a little forced, and with that, the "Agenda Paradox" died.



So, I set out to find a like-minded person to help out with the podcast. A long-time friend and I were talking one night and had a blast (as we always do) BSing about stuff. I had told him my predicament and when we were finished talking I told him, "This is what the podcast should be like. Just us sitting around talking about some topics." This was the beginning of the Pair-o-Dorx Agenda. (because we're a pair of dorks!!!) I even did a special episode with my wife, Luna on some movie reviews which was pretty fun.



However, trying to maintain a consistent schedule proved difficult for us (more me than him), so the project slowly died off. While I think I could probably do an episode or two every now and then, I don't believe I'll be resurrecting the podcast anytime soon. For sake of completion, I've added it to my projects list. Check out the archived episodes below (Ep 1-9 The Agenda Paradox) (Ep 9-14 The Pair-o-Dorx Agenda).



Note: If there's some renewed interest in this project, I may be willing to do a few more. Feel free to comment.

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Geek (Pair-O-Dorx) Agenda (Episode 10)

EPISODE 10





On this episode, Nando-kun and I try to rename the podcast to the "Geek Agenda"... We eventually decided that name didn't suit and every subsequent podcast we changed the name permanently to "Pair-O-Dorx Agenda"

Anyway, we talk about Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem FOREVER (& how it's taken forever to come out!)





No comments:

Post a Comment